0-5K and Beyond

Welcome to everyone reading this blog about my journey to become a runner. I will be training with The American Boot Camp Company over the next year and running in tons of races. Come train with me or join me in my next race! Let's get moving!
- "Boot Camp Hunter"

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back At It Again

Sorry for the extended delay in posting, but I've been gone alot over the past few weeks. Let me catch you up on what's been going on.

I finished last month's boot camp with a mile time of 7:31. That's not my fastest time ever in the mile, but I'm pleased. We had the week of July 4th off and returned to boot camp that Monday, July 7th. My mile time that morning was 7:43. A little slower than what I wanted, but I was still pleased considering that I had been at the beach on vacation for the previous 5 days. I'm very happy with my results so far. I've officially taken over seven minutes off of my original mile time of 14:42. My goal is to get down to a 7 minute mile. It's going to be tough and take some time to do so, but I feel confident that I can do it.

While on vacation, I did participate in a 5K on the morning of July 4th. While some of you were battling the crowds and the hilly course of the Peachtree Road Race, I was running through the flat, shaded neighborhoods of St. Simons Island. And by flat, I mean flat. There was not a hill in sight. I think the only hills on the island are on the golf courses and the sand dunes. I took advantage of this flat course and posted a time of 25:52. That's my best 5K time ever! I was very pleased with my results. I hope I can keep up that pace during my next race.

We're almost done with the second week of the July boot camp session. These past two weeks have really been rough on me. Last week was rough due to coming right off of my vacation. This week has been tough due to a long weekend at the lake as well as having a little summer cold. I actually missed boot camp, as well as went in late to work, on Tuesday due to the cold. I'm feeling better now and hope to get over this cold ASAP. Sadly, this is the last week of boot camp for the month for me. I'm out of town for the next two weeks on business. I'm taking my workout clothes with me and am going to try my best and keep up the exercise while I'm away.

I've been looking into races to run for the month of August. I've got several scheduling conflicts on some of the weekends, but I'll keep you posted as to which one I decide to run. Hope to see you at a race soon.

No comments: