0-5K and Beyond

Welcome to everyone reading this blog about my journey to become a runner. I will be training with The American Boot Camp Company over the next year and running in tons of races. Come train with me or join me in my next race! Let's get moving!
- "Boot Camp Hunter"

Thursday, January 10, 2008

First Organized Run: 01/08/2008

Went on my first organized run of 2008 this morning with some folks from The American Boot Camp Company. Met some boot camp folks at IKEA and ran 3.5 miles around Atlantic Station in about 34 minutes. It felt great! Running with a group really helps me keep a faster pace compared to when I’m running on my own. Plus, the company is nice.

Most of the group was very impressed with my pace and stamina. Guess I can contribute that to jogging 3 miles almost everyday this month. I’ve been trying to, at the very least, jog each day. I really need to be doing more, but I’m really focused on this upcoming 5K this weekend. I wish boot camp was going on this month because I could really use the additional workouts and motivation to get up early in the morning. Plus, the instructors push us past our comfort zones and the workouts seem so much more intense.

I’ve got the Around Peachtree Battle 5K coming up this Saturday morning. Hope I can keep up my pace and run the race in around 30 minutes. I know some of the boot camp folks are going to be running in it as well. I’m sure they will be encouraging me during our run. I hope it’s not too cold. The forecast is calling for lows in the mid-30's.

No comments: