0-5K and Beyond

Welcome to everyone reading this blog about my journey to become a runner. I will be training with The American Boot Camp Company over the next year and running in tons of races. Come train with me or join me in my next race! Let's get moving!
- "Boot Camp Hunter"

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We started the June session of boot camp yesterday morning. My mile time was 7:43. That's the same time that I posted at the end of the May session. Considering that we had the week of Memorial Day off and I only ran once that week, I was very happy with my mile time. I really had to push myself yesterday to make that time, and I could definitely feel the results of not running the previous week. With two workouts down this week, I can definitely feel some soreness in a few of my muscles as well. Probably attributed to me being totally lazy last week, only running once, not working out at all, and not watching what I was eating like I should.

Our boot camp class at the West Midtown location is growing. We've had several people return from last month as well as a few new faces show up. It's interesting to see how the group is growing. It's hard to believe that when I first started boot camp last October, we had less than a dozen people in the group. Given the success of the Chastain Park and Blackburn Park locations, I can only imagine what the group might be like in a couple of years. This morning's workout is one of my favorites...cone sprints. For the first time ever, we had the group divided into four different lines as we all ran the cone sprints. I remember when we only had two. It was really something to see all of us out there. I reminded me of that day when I was at Blackburn and we ran cone sprints. I think they had about eight or nine lines that morning.

I've really been trying to watch what I eat lately. For the past three weeks, I've been eating Fresh N Fit meals. I found out about them one night at the boot camp studio in Brookhaven. You sign up for the meal plan and pick up your prepared meals twice a week. The food is excellent! Every meal is individually packaged and most of them you can just nuke in the microwave for a couple of minutes. They offer a couple of different calorie levels and I've been on the 1200 calorie diet. I figured getting 1200 calories from three meals a day, and another couple of hundred calories from my other meals easily keeps me under 2000 calories a day. This is under my daily minimum calorie level and has been helping me to shave off the excess weight. You can get more information about Fresh N Fit at http://www.freshnfitcuisine.com/.

Speaking of losing weight, I've hit somewhat of a plateau. I've easily dropped over 40 pounds since I first started boot camp, but the last few pounds that I've lost have been really tough. I also must admit that I've been letting my eating habits slip a little. I've decided to get back on the boot camp recommended meal plan and stick to it the best I can. I know I can continue to drop the weight, it's just going to take longer to do so and I'm going to have to work hard in order to accomplish my goal. I still have about 50 more pounds to lose to get down to my target weight of 200. Considering that I was a shade under 300 when I first started, I'm about half way there.

With June now hear, I need to find a race to run. I'll look into see what's out there and let you know which one I pick. Stay tuned to find out and maybe even you could join me...

No comments: