0-5K and Beyond

Welcome to everyone reading this blog about my journey to become a runner. I will be training with The American Boot Camp Company over the next year and running in tons of races. Come train with me or join me in my next race! Let's get moving!
- "Boot Camp Hunter"

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Success: 3/30/08

I broke an 8 minute mile on Friday! Can you believe it? I ran a mile in 7:57! It was tough, and I was worn out afterwards, but I broke 8 minutes. It was quite an accomplishment for me considering that when I started boot camp my mile time was 14:42. Through a lot of hard work and pushing myself, I've been able to take almost 7 minutes off of my mile time. I don't know how much more I can improve on my mile time, but I'm going to keep pushing myself. Who knows? Maybe one day I can break 7 minutes.

Friday was the last day of the March session of boot camp. It felt great to complete my fourth month, and I'm ready to start another month on Monday. We're going to have some of the folks returning to join us as well as several new boot campers. I'm excited to see who is going to show up. We've had a steady number of new boot campers each month since I started attending. Maybe one day our West Midtown boot camp location will have as many folks as the Blackburn Park boot camp and Chastain Park boot camp locations. We've got a long way to go to get to that point, but attendance has been steadily growing since the West Midtown location started last September.

I'm looking forward to continuing to improve as boot camp progresses. I'm really excited about trying to focus on weight loss over the next few months. Fortunately, I'll be able to do a better job of focusing on eating right. With my busy season of work wrapping up, I won't be working long hours and having unhealthy food and snacks always within my reach. I'll be able to focus on the meal plan and do a better job of not eating bad stuff for me. I know that if I strictly adhere to the meal plan I will continute to see wonderful weight loss results. I've still got a long way to go to get to my weight loss goal.

I'm signed up to run the Sprint for Cancer 10K on Sunday, April 2oth. This will be my second 10K and I'm striving to beat my previous time of 57:25. Several of the boot campers are also going to join me in running the 10K. We're all going to work together over the next three weeks to prepare ourselves for the race. There's also going to be another large crowd from The American Boot Camp Company participating in the race. We're hoping to have a very large crowd show up. You should come out and join us as well...

No comments: