0-5K and Beyond

Welcome to everyone reading this blog about my journey to become a runner. I will be training with The American Boot Camp Company over the next year and running in tons of races. Come train with me or join me in my next race! Let's get moving!
- "Boot Camp Hunter"

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Boot Camp Indoors: 2/14/08

We had a nice indoor boot camp workout today at the gym located on The Howard School Campus where the West Midtown boot camp is held. Thank God! It was freezing outside. I think it was about 25 degrees this morning when I left the house. Luckily, we have access to a gym and were able to take advantage of it. We did a nice workout working the legs. We ran some suicides, did some sprints, some shuffling up and down the basketball court, and even used some basketballs in some of the exercises. It was nice to get a good indoor workout for once.

This week's workouts have been much easier on my body than last weeks. Probably due to this being the second week of boot camp as opposed to the first. I guess my muscles have gotten used to the workouts, but, unfortunately, my body is still in the process of making the transition to getting up at 5:15 in the morning on a regular basis. I have been extremely tired during the mid afternoon and have come very close to falling asleep during a couple of meetings this week.

I've got the Chastain Chase 5K coming up next weekend. I hope I can keep up my streak of breaking my previous race times. It's going to be a real test for me to beat 29:02, but I'm going to try. Fortunately, I'll have some of my boot campers and instructors there to cheer me on and run with me. I've even talked some of my friends into running the race with me. You should come out and join us!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for your honesty! I really appreciate all of your hard work. Keep it up, you are doing awesome!