0-5K and Beyond

Welcome to everyone reading this blog about my journey to become a runner. I will be training with The American Boot Camp Company over the next year and running in tons of races. Come train with me or join me in my next race! Let's get moving!
- "Boot Camp Hunter"

Monday, February 25, 2008

Chastain Chase 5K Results: 2/25/08




Ran the Chastain Chase 5K on Saturday morning. Finished it in 29:47. Unfortunately, I didn't beat my previous 5K time, but I peformed well. The course around Chastain Park was extremely hilly. One hill along Lake Forrest Drive was so steep that it almost felt like I was running up stairs. The long, gradual hill along Powers Ferry Road also made for a difficult finish. I really struggled on the hills, but boot camp instructors Collette, Denny, and Mari stayed with me the whole time and kept me motivated and moving. I wanted so bad to stop running and walk, but my "support team" kept me running the entire race.

We had a huge group of boot campers at the race. There were probably about 25 people wearing The American Boot Camp Company shirts that showed up for the race. We had runners of all different skill levels wearing a rainbow of different colored shirts. I saw red, blue, green, black, gray, pink, and white boot camp shirts. We had a great presence at the race. Plus it was nice to have most of them there to join me in my third race of this year-long journey.

I also had several friends that joined me in Saturday's race. It was nice to have some additional support from some non boot campers. These are also some of the folks that I hang out with on a regular basis and have personally seen my transformation so far. Their support adds even more to the constant support that I receive from the boot camp staff. Thanks David, Ed, John, Katherine, Paige, and Rebecca. I really appreciate it.

We started week 4 of boot camp at West Midtown today. This is our last week of the February session. Today's workout was tough, but I felt great afterwards. We did a workout consisting of football type drills that included 30-20-10 second sets with sprints in between. We mainly worked the lower body, but then focused on the upper body and abs during our extra credit workout. Yes, I had extra credit today because I didn't exactly follow the meal plan over the weekend. What can I say, I ate some chips and had a couple of beers at The Taco Stand the other night while out with some friends.

I'm looking forward to see what kind of progress I've made this month. I'll find out on Friday when we have our base test. I'll keep you posted on how I do...

No comments: