0-5K and Beyond

Welcome to everyone reading this blog about my journey to become a runner. I will be training with The American Boot Camp Company over the next year and running in tons of races. Come train with me or join me in my next race! Let's get moving!
- "Boot Camp Hunter"

Thursday, February 14, 2008

No pain, no gain? 2/8/08

As the old adage goes, "No pain, no gain." Well, this week has certainly proved that. We've had two days of ab workouts and today we worked our legs and glutes. My abs have been in constant pain throughout the past couple of days. Getting up out of a chair, bending over, and even lying in the bed. My abs have ached, but I've been able to work through it. Just when my abs started feeling better, today's workout left my lower body in pain. I could feel muscles that I didn't even know I had as I walked around. Luckily, this pain wasn't too terribly bad and didn't last too long. By the mid afternoon, I felt fine.

As much as it hurts, I must admit that it feels good. Knowing that my muscles are burning, reinsures me that I'm making a difference to my body...and that's why I'm doing this. As much as my abs have ached this week, they are probably the weakest part of my body and need the most improvement. I'm glad that we've focused on this particular body part. Who knows?!? Maybe I can turn this beer gut into a six pack...

I've got the Chastain Chase 5K coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm planning to do some running this weekend. I'm going to try something new and head over to Memorial Park and go for a run around it. Maybe I'll see you out there...

No comments: